Moalboal, CEBU – The land of the Golden Sun! The municipality of Moalboal is a 4th class municipality lies in Southwest coast of the Province of Cebu. Moalboal has been spotted, identified and is a famed tourist destination for both local and foreign nationals. It has a laudable coastlines, beautiful and real white sandy beaches. A magnificent underwater paradise – one of the best scuba dive capitals of the world. Moalboal is approximately eighty-nine (89) road kilometers from Cebu City. It is bounded on the North by the Municipality of Alcantara, the Municipality of Badian in the South, west by Tañon Strait and the Municipality of Argao in the East. It can be reached by bus or car in 2 ½ hours more or less from Cebu City. Anyone can enjoy the warm, pristine waters, and the fine white sand. It is popularly known as the “Diving Paradise of Cebu” due to its white sandy beaches, beautiful corals and different underwater creatures especially around Pescador Island.
For more information you can visit: http://www.moalboal.gov.ph/
Things To do:
2. GO DIVING at Pescador Island (unfortunately I don’t have diving license so I am not able to post any photos at the place)
3. Get a TAN via Swimming at the sea or Motorbiking around town!
4. You can also go to the center of the town to check out cheap GREAT TASTING FOOD like the chicken, HALO-HALO (the best so far around town), Fishballs! If you want to your culinary skills you can also get fresh produce at the market..which is really cheap yet HUGE in sizes.
There’s a lot of things to do at Moalboal, the place has everything from international food selections to upper class resorts to make your trip more relaxing and comfortable. Either way you can go with the cheaper route by renting a cottage at the public white beach and set up tents and just go watch the stars at night and have drinks!
1. Ride a V-hire at the one citilink terminal if you are in cebu city area. Fare should cost exactly Php 120.00. You can also opt to ride a ceres bus going to bato via Badian at the Cebu south bus terminal fare should cost about Php 100 including terminal fees.
2. Be sure to check out and haggle prices going to either Panagsama beach or Basdako. Going to panagsama beach would cost about 5 pesos per person on a tricycle or pedicab..white beach area on Saavedra beach would be about 60 pesos for a fast Habal-habal. maximum of 2 persons from the town proper.
3. Go karaoke at White beach and eat at any carenderia for a cheap meal and entertainment.